Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Review

Hi lovelies, 

I have been hearing really great things about Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation so I thought I would give it a try. Here's the box and the bottle. 









So I think the packaging is really nice and I love that it has SPF 15. I am always so surprised when some of the more expensive foundations don't have SPF in them! So here is what the shade 2 Fair. 


It feels really nice and has a great consistency. It also lasts really well while feeling pretty weightless. Colour match wise, it's probably the best colour match for my skin tone I've found, which is a huge plus. I think this is definitely the biggest selling point for this foundation. However, it is said to be full coverage and I would disagree here. When I tried it in the store the sales assistant sort of said you can build it up but that definitely diminishes the light weight feel so that's a little annoying. I personally think it is medium coverage, it certainly doesn't have the same coverage is Mac's Studio Fix Fluid. Here it is on below.




So overall, it is a great skin tone match and feels great, but it doesn't provide the coverage it advertises. You really need to build it up for a fuller coverage, but that does make it less light weight. 

What foundation are you using at the moment?

Christie x


16 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Finding a foundation that works for you is so nice.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like medium coverage so I think this would work nicely on me :) Im using estee lauder double wear :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about double wear! x

      Delete
  3. I'm on the hunt for a new foundation with medium coverage, so this sounds like a great option!
    xx
    An Unblurred Lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to try this foundation! Great review.

    XO
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dear,
    I really like your posts and you have great pictures. Would you like to support each other and follow on my social medias?(Google +, Facebook, Instagram. GFC, Bloglovin). I would do the same. That would be so cool, and I hope we stay in touch. :) Sorry if I disturbed you with my comment!


    Greetings, Sophia xx
    www.sophias-fashion.de

    FACEBOOK l BLOGLOVIN l MY SHOP l INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hated this foundation, it dried my skin out like crazy

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!! Thanks so much for letting me know Lauren! x

      Delete
  7. In summer I prefer light coverage foundations, whereas in winter medium to high coverage.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This might me a great pick for you then! x

      Delete
  8. This foundation looks lovely on your skin, and although it's not full coverage, it still looks totally gorgeous on you! Also, 100% with you on loving the packaging haha :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete