Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Mothers Day

Hi lovelies, 


This Sunday in the UK it is mothers day! While this is definitely not something we all celebrate, it is a lovely reminder to think about the people in our lives that take care of us, and thanking them for it. Mothers Day doesn't have to involve anything to lavish. This weekend I plan on cooking for my mum, partly because all the restaurants will be manic, and partly because I think it's a lovely thing to do. For this blog post, I thought I would share with you some amazing cookery resources so maybe you can think about cooking for your mum this weekend.

Ina Garten

Ina is one of my favourites and her recipes are so amazing. She has such a great website, http://www.barefootcontessa.com/ that features so many recipes which are really amazing. Watching The Barefoot Contessa on TV is also fantastic motivation to get cooking!

Donna Hay

Donna Hay is my mums favourite TV chef. While I haven't decided quite yet what I will be cooking, it will definitely be one of her recipes. She also has a great website over at https://www.donnahay.com.au/ and there are so many of her amazing recipes on Pinterest.

http://www.supercook.com/

I have only recently found out about supercook and I am already obsessed. You simply state what ingredients you have, and they show you recipes you can create with those ingredients. You can also choose what cuisine type or meal type you want. You can also state what restrictions you may have, such as nuts, meat or dairy. This is such a great resource and it is so useful and cost effective.

Pinterest

I have mentioned Pinterest before on Christie Belle because it is so fantastic for recipes. If you nee inspiration Pinterest is definitely the place to go for it. Plus y ou can save as many things as you want which makes the process so much easier. 


I hope you all have a wonderful Mothers Day

Christie x

26 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you in the UK. I love Ina. She has the best recipes!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i might take her out for mother's day :D im not much of a cook nor is she! :P
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well have a great day whatever you end up doing x

      Delete
  3. That is right!! Happy Mothers Day!!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you are planning to cook for her, there is no match of handmade things. Have a great day sweety!
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mother's day isn't just to be celebrated with your mom - but with everyone woman who's ever been a mum and who's ever been an influence in your life. It's always just an excuse to appreciate them.

    Ella Pinto xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    So amazing ! :D

    Sarah, http://www.sarahmodeee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all mothers had an wonderful day!! :)
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinterest is somewhere I hadn't considered looking at with regard to recipes for Mother's Day - what a great idea! I'll try and find something a little more unusual that will look beautifully presented :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am horrible at presentation usually. I need pinterest haha x

      Delete
  9. Happy Mother's Day to you, darling, we don't celebrate it until May! I think that these links are fab and useful not just for Mother's Day - Pinterest is the best when it comes to cooking recipes, for sure! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete