Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Study tips.

Hi lovelies,



As you all know I am in university. It has taken a bit me a bit of time to get back into the swing of things which is why my posts have been a little less regular. I also started a new job in January so I had a lot going on and it is so easy to fall behind on work.

So I thought it would be a good idea to talk to you all about my study tips. These can be used during the semester or for exams. Here they are:


Go to your classes 

This is a funny one because, in all honesty, sometimes you can miss a fair few lectures and just read over them and still be fine. However, you never know what you'll remember from someone else saying it. Also, there's no lecturer I've ever had that has included everything they've ever said in their lecture slides. As much as you can, try to attend as many lectures as possible.

Figure out how you like your notes

This is something I have only learned recently. I have always used mind maps, but recently I discovered that printing out my notes works so much better for me. There are so many ways of formatting your notes, mind maps, flashcards and bullet points can all be so helpful. Try out a few and see what works for you.

Take seminar prep seriously

Seminar prep can seem like such a waste of time, especially when the lecturer doesn't even expect anyone to answer any questions, but the work you do will half your wider reading for exams. Seminars are the perfect opportunity to make some extra notes throughout the semester, and they help you to engage with your modules so much better.

Get your wider reading done early

Speaking of wider reading, try to start it as early as possible. You don't want to be sifting through chapters when you really need to be focusing on the core information you need for your exam. Wider reading can really boost your marks so get it done early.

Get some coloured pens

I have two reasons for this 1) its super fun to buy pens and pretty notes make the whole thing more enjoyable and 2) its so much easier to visualise colour coded notes in an exam. If you get really stuck imaging your study sheets in colour in front of you is so helpful. 

Invest in a great planner and use it

Writing down deadlines keeps you on track, especially when you can look at it all the time. It also helps you to see the other deadlines you have so you don't accidently end up with 2 essays due at the end of the same week.


Hope these tips help, have a lovely week all

Christie xx

30 comments:

  1. These are some pretty awesome tips and good for someone who is trying to balance things in their life ♥

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips. Learning how I best took notes was big for me.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really helpful, thanks for sharing! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post! collage was one of my favorite times!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made sure i made notes after every class so I wouldnt fall behind and when revision came round, it was all simpler!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna be a college freshman within a week & these gave me some nice ideas for my future study plans! Thanks xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips! Too bad I am already graduated and now have to face a working life. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    Steph x
    TreatU

    ReplyDelete
  8. The post is fantastic! I love it so much!:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blog, I think it's great to find your way of learning! These were great tips, please check out my blog at http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/blog/expectation-vs-reality-the-reality-of-blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coloured pens are far more helpful than they get credit for haha, they really do help when it comes to visualising them on the page!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been graduated nearly three years now and this has made me miss studying so much! Fab tips :) x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can't imagine missing studying! x

      Delete
  12. Great tips! I was never quite this organised at uni, haha, although I wish I had been - it would have made the revision a lot easier! <3 Thanks for sharing. x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've already finished my degree but I absolutely agree with everything you mentioned. It's so important to just pay attention to everything. And get planning and get working. Otherwise it's all gonna end up muddled.

    Ella Pinto xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some fab tips and I completely agree with investing in a good planner. It would have helped me so much when I was at uni but it wasn't something I ever thought about getting strangely enough x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only thought about it in my second year! x

      Delete
  15. This is a really lovely post with some great tips, revision can be so difficult but once you've cracked what works for you - it's so helpful!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete