Monday, 8 February 2016

Book Recommendations

Hi lovelies!

Something I absolutely love to do that I haven't talked about on here yet is reading. I am one of those crazy people who reads an entire book in a day and can't focus on anything else until I've finished it. The thing with being a quick reader, however, is that I am constantly searching for a new book to read. I have read some really disappointing books lately that have had great reviews on iBooks, which gave me the idea for this post. I thought I could share some great books I've read recently, and then you guys could give me some recommendations too. 

So first on my list is The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. A lot of reviewers say things like if you loved Gone Girl you will love this, but then the book turns out to be a pretty bad mystery novel. In this case, if you loved Gone Girl, you probably will love this. It is so well written and interesting, and the characters are so real. I can't wait for Paula Hawkins' next book because this had me hooked. 


The next is the obvious choice; Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Even if you've seen the film I still 100% recommend giving the book a read too, I knew the big twist before reading it, and I was still obsessed with this book. It is fantastic and deserves all the praise it gets. I should say I have tried reading other Gillian Flynn novels and, unfortunately, they didn't live up. 


I also really love Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. It's a sort of sequel to the shining yet has a totally different vibe to it. I was really unsure about this one to start with but Stephen King is just a genius. The characters are flawless and he is fantastic at keeping the pace of the novel. 


Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is the only book I've properly read multiple times. If you only read one on this list it should be this one. It has such a great narrative and the ending was not what I had expected at all. Wonderful character development and an all around great read.


Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin is not like any book I have ever read before. I shared my copy with so many people it actually got lost along the way. Its one of the only books about the afterlife I've read and I found it so interesting. I really recommend this one. I think I will have to buy a new copy.


If you liked this post do let me know as I would be happy to share more with you, let me know your book recommendations bellow, I would love to hear them!

Christie x

43 comments:

  1. I've heard really great things about Girl On the Train. I really enjoyed Gone Girl, so I need to pick it up!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I have heard good things about a couple of these.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendations, I loved the film of Gone Girl so maybe I'll give the book a try
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl on the train is so highly hyped, must read!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to start reading more, thanks for your recommendations. I need to read girl on the train as I have heard so much about it

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read some of these! I love books!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much of a book reader but I've been really wanting to give the girl on the train a read, I think I just might ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved all of these, girl on the train was a good one! Made me hate alcohol even more haha!

    Shabna xx
    scheine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reading selections! Thanks for sharing.

    Keisha xo
    thechrysalisgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read some good reviews of The Girl On The Train lately and it's difficult to go wrong with Stephen King, such an inspiration!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reviews, I absolutely loved the girl on the train. It got me so hooked, I couldn't put it down x http://theworldofmegansmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Girl On The Train and Gone Girl, my favourite types of books however Gone Girl just can't be beaten in my eyes, it's so good!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great book recommendations, especially that I have really got back into reading and love discovering new books. I've just finished reading Me Before You and I loved it x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the recommendation! I will give it a go! X

      Delete
  14. I loved this post as reading is one of my favourite things to do as well. I'm very much a chic lit person though and love a happy ending. One book you might like is The First Last Kiss. You'll need the tissues with it but it's a great read :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the recommendation! That sounds great I will give it a read! X

      Delete
  15. I love book recommendations! Will check out Elsewhere, thanks for sharing!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely suggestions, darling! I'm not much of a reader myself, to be honest, but these sound really great, thank you for sharing. x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to LOVE reading until I started uni then I couldn't cope with anymore after 5 chapters pre-reading each night :( I've been desperate to get back into my books though so this is so helpful - definitely thinking about picking up 'Girl on a train' and 'Elsewhere' (they sound far more interesting than scouring Netflix nightly for something to do with my camomile tea!) x

    www.vivaepernay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through the same thing! It's a lot of reading in uni so it does put you off! They're great so I would recommend them, although camomile tea and Netflix sounds like a perfect evening x

      Delete
  18. Elsewhere is the only book I've read out of all of these.I absolutely loved it and recommend it to anyone asking for book recommendations. I'm quite intrigued to read 'Before I Fall' so will add that to my list of books to read :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too, and Before I Fall is wonderful x

      Delete
  19. I'm a fan of reading novels about life after death, even though they tend to creep me out and make me really sad. They are just so interesting to read!
    I started reading the girl on the train but I never finished it. It's really intriguing, I'm gonna find the time to finish it! thanks for sharing all these books!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely become one, although they creep me out too haha x

      Delete
  20. So many people have recommended Girl on the Train. I'm not surprised to see it on your list. It takes me ages to finish a book but I will get around to reading more soon and that one is on my list!

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm such a book girl and I can't believe I only ever read The Girl on the Train book up in here. How weird is that? They all look insanely interesting though (pray for my wallet, I literally go and collect books ahahaha)

    Ella Pinto xx

    ReplyDelete