Monday, 25 January 2016

Hand Luggage Only Packing Tips

Hi lovelies!



So as I previously mentioned, I am headed to Paris this weekend! I am so excited that I have already packed. The thing is though, we are only travelling with our carry-on luggage. This has proved a little tricky, particularly with makeup. I have been doing some serious research on travelling with only hand luggage so I thought I would share my findings with you all!

Makeup: Replace as many liquids as you can with powders. This actually removes a lot of obstacles! Although it's also important to note that the ml allowance is 100ml which is surprisingly large! For example, I'm taking my Mac Studio Fluid Fix Foundation which is only a 30ml container. I've also got a little makeup bag (and I'm talking really small) to try and save room in my suitcase.

Clothes: I thought this would be trickier than it was. There are some amazing images and outfit examples on Pinterest on how to pack for weekends away or short trips. I have spent ages looking at them and found them so helpful. This is one of my favourites by Shannon Martin.


Also, remember that as well as a carry-on bag you can take either a handbag or a laptop bag. You can spread your luggage out a little into your handbag and keep important things like your phone charger in there.

In terms of packing itself, a lot of people recommend rolling your clothes for space but I think that tends to really crease the clothes. Some hotels have irons in the room but I am usually too lazy for that so I tried to fold my clothes so it creases as little as possible.

So these were a few little tips, I will be sharing lots of photos from the trip once I am back! 
Christie x




21 comments:

  1. I am a terrible packer. I cannot imagine going to Paris with just carry on luggage. Good for you!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post - I go to Dublin every other weekend and those flights are always hand luggage only so I know how tough it can be packing! x

    Viva Epernay | Lush Giveaway 🛀❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I'm pretty bad at packing, hand luggage can be very restricting! x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm getting better haha x

      Delete
  4. these are great tips! i always take a lot more than I need when I travel, not good!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for ways to travel lighter and more efficient. I usually take the biggest purse I have!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, I'm a terrible packer lol have to admit. Thank you for sharing this with us darling. Visit me www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk whenever you can. Kisses, Dominica S. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips! Perfect for my travel this year =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very helpful post, traveling doesn't have to be so stressful when you're prepared!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete