Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Makeup for Work.


Hi everyone!
So a lovely reader emailed me about what I do other than this blog and asked me some questions. I am in uni full time but I also have a part time job at a high end retailer. This gave me the idea to do a blog post on the makeup I wear to work! So where I work doesn't have any rules regarding how you have to wear your hair; I've worked in restaurants before and have always had to wear my hair up. I was so excited when I heard I didn't have to wear my hair up in this job, but I still find myself opting for a ponytail most days.



As far as makeup goes, as I'm in work I don't like to wear anything too heavy. First I use Avon's face perfected as a primer which is a really great product. I'm also wearing my bourgeois BB cream which I really love. It always leaves my skin looking and feeling healthy and dewy. I also use Rimmel wonderlash mascara with Argan oil. This does feel nourishing and my eyelashes never feel too heavy but if your looking for a lengthening or curling mascara this won't be for you. I'm also wearing Benefit's lollibalm which has a subtle pigment and feels lovely. I actually used FCUK lip balm in hot pink on my cheeks. When I'm wearing a more dewy look I like to use a balm on my cheeks rather than a powder blush. I also use Rimmel brow this way brow mascara in blonde which is a dream product. It can be so hard to get a good eyebrow product for blonde hair but this is a great one.


So that's it for makeup! I like to keep it really simple and not fuss to much. I hope you enjoyed this post! Whats your go to for work makeup?
Christie xx

22 comments:

  1. Love the look! You look cute ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely, natural look! I too don't like to wear too much makeup for work, and I keep it simple. :) <3 Thank you for sharing, and by the way, your skin looks absolutely flawless! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kay! I really love your blog! X

      Delete
  3. great ideas for makeup wearable for the work.

    http://maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also keep things simple for work :)
    love this look! Never thought of using a balm on cheeks! great idea!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty look for work, It's simple, clean, and very natural looking, which is what I love most. Excellent post :)

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look. I don't tend to wear too much make up for work either

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makeup looks beautifully natural, fresh and dewy!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete