Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Getting Your Nails Done.

Hey everyone,
I really love getting my nails done, I find it so relaxing and love having pretty nails. I went to my favourite place recently to get some gel extensions. Afterwards one of my friends was quizing me as she wanted to get her nails done but wasn't sure what she wanted, this made me want to make a blog post about it!



Gel extensions: Gel extensions are my favourite nails to get when I want something special. Personally I find them a lot less damaging than acrylics. They always look really glossy and are more natural than acrylics. Gel extensions take less time to apply than acrylics which is another plus. Also they somehow feel more comfortable than acrylics. If you want longer nails but are a little nervous, gel extensions are the way to go.

Acrylics: Acrylics are the most traditional form of artificial nails. I had them for a time and loved them so much. If you want a french manicure acrylics are probably the way to go. They supposedly last longer than gel extensions, which I don't really think. Acrylics can be cheaper than gel extensions which is definitely a selling point!

Soft gel: Like gel extensions, soft gel nails require curing under a UV light. They are essentially nail varnish which can last up to a few weeks without any chipping or peeling. They look so much better than nail varnish, they're really shiny and look amazing. I have a UV light and soft gel varnishes and they are so simple to apply at home. 

I also wanted to include this amazing example of nail shapes I found on www.eyeheartpolish.com 
This is a great little guide when deciding what nail shape you want. Many salons have a photo album in the waiting room, which is the best way to choose as you know they have done this before and will be able to recreate it easier.  
Hope you enjoyed this post, what is your favourite manicure? 
Christie x

35 comments:

  1. I have never tried any of these, just fake nails :p but Almond looks amazing and I love the shade you chose! So clean and polished!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almond is my favourite. Thanks so much! x

      Delete
  2. Wow, these looks gorgeous! I'm a contact lenses wearer so I always found the idea of wearing nail extensions a little impractical, but I admire how they look, so thank you for sharing :) <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! Hahaha very impractical! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  3. great color for ur nails! love neutral manicure!

    https://everydayfacts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look perfect! I love the shape and the color!
    Gorgeous!!!!! <3

    xoxo, Colli
    tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great graphic at the end. I don't get my nails done often, but when I do I always wonder what shape to say.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shape of almond. I prefer gel to acrylic as my nails as so damaged from having acrylic nails for so long. Though I do find gel don't seem to last as long

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love almond too. I am totally converted to gels now x

      Delete
  7. Pretty nails, and you have pretty hands too.
    I don't do manicure or polish my nails, I used to do few years back, only for secretary training I took.

    *Hello, would you like to follow each other?
    I enjoy cooking and baking too ~ (^ᆺ^) ♥

    Ryu の Sekai

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew my nails recently for the first time and went for the almond shape, which I love. But it's difficult to maintain the shape on your own and I got fed up the other day and cut them back to squoval! Your nails look amazing - I'm definitely going to look into gel extensions now! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ideal then! Squoval is a great shape too! x

      Delete
  9. i haven't had my nails done since forever. i haven't had them polished since like half a year ago, hahaha i'm such a lazy gal. i would love to though, and that neutral hue you chose looks great. maybe i'll try that. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love square nails ... so pretty (: love your nail polish
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, Christie, your nails are gorgeous! I've NEVER gotten my nails done before, but I want to. What an informative post!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much May! Glad you like the post x

      Delete
  12. This is such a gorgeous shade on you - I love wearing nude nails as well, though I've painted them grey this week :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle. Grey nails are always lovely x

      Delete
  13. gorgeous look! nails i always struggle with...gosh i ned try this color! wld love if u check out my new post is up sweetie!
    www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post! Your nails look amazing. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs from Sweden.

    https://itsjustteng.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had gel nails before and I loved them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to get gel nails now, I have always gotten acrylic and they have literally made my nail brittle and ugly.
    Oh and thanks for the nail shape guide I always struggle explaining what shape I want haha.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete