Monday, 14 September 2015

YSL Lipstick Review.



When I buy lipstick I usually tend to get them from the high street using brands such as Rimmel London and Mybelline. If I'm going to splash out my high end brand of choice has to be Mac but recently I've been branching out a little. I'd seen a lot of great things about Yves Saint Laurent lipsticks so I thought I'd give them a try, especially after falling in love with their Touche Eclat. 

The shade of lipstick I ultimately decided on was red because while I have a red Mac lipstick in the shade of cockney it has a shimmer to it and I wanted something more matte. This is the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick Rose in Tension. Here are some photos. 




The packaging is absolutely stunning. I adore the look of the lipstick tube so much, it was partly what made me buy it in the first place. 

The colour of the lipstick is also great. It's a really vibrant classic red while most red lipsticks tend to be more muted so I love that. However it's really really red. By that I mean if you want to wear it in the daytime you can only blot a little on or it's just too intense. 

The application of the lipstick is a little tricky. You really can't apply it straight to your lips; a brush is a necessity. If you apply it without a brush you just seem to get too much, like when you use a squeeze lipgloss too hard and end up feeling like you've got 4 layers on. It's a little messy to apply so like I said, you really need a brush. 

So overall I really like the lipstick. I think some of the issues with it comes from its colour, I think most red lipsticks can look a little messy if you don't apply them right. This is what it looks like on.




Thanks for reading, feel free to comment below 

Christie x

2 comments: