Tuesday, 15 September 2015

My Mac Lipsticks.


My favourite high end brand of makeup is Mac. I love so many of their products but the lipsticks are just the best. I currently have 7 and while writing this post I discovered I clearly am drawn to the nudes. I think that's probably because its quite hard to find a good nude lipstick. A lot of them come come out too pale and pasty. Some have horrible chalky textures. I am a big fan of the nude lipsticks from mac.

The first one I have is Jubilee. This is a lustre lipstick which feels so moisturizing and lovely. Its easy application is a huge selling point. Its probably the most natural colour I have, or at least its the one that matches my lip colour best. This is my everyday lipstick and I love it. 


The next Mac lipstick I own is Honey-Love. It is very similar to Jubilee, in my opinion, but it is matte. This doesn't feel as nice on as Jubilee but it lasts better. This tends to be the lipstick I go to for a night out. This lipstick also goes really well with Mac's Boldly Bare lip pencil.

I also have the Creme lipstick Blankety Amplified. It looks much lighter when applied. I actually found this lipstick on Pinterest and then I had to buy it. It feels lovely on and I've gotten a lot of wear out of it all ready. 

Rebel was the first Mac Lipstick I ever bought. It was also actually a mistake as I thought I was buying Cyber but now I absolutely love it. It is the most long lasting lipstick I have ever worn. Seriously, I've taken my makeup off after a night out and its still on the next morning. This isn't a shade I would wear day to day but it's perfect for a night out.

Candy Yum Yum is such a fun colour. It literally comes out as bright as it looks here on your lips. You can then either wear it full on for a night out or dab it on for a more muted look. Its a great colour and it really comes out so well you barely need to apply it for a pop of colour. I've also seen a lot of people using this as a base to do ombre lips which also looks great.
I also have the shade Cockney. In its tube it looks like it has a shimmer but on its more of a sheen. It's not a strong, vibrant red like YSL's Tension, it's one you can wear more casually. If you like red lips but feel some lipsticks are a bit much this lipstick is great.

The last Mac lipstick I currently have is Gel. This really reminds me of the Grecian look. It comes out about as gold as you see it below and is so pretty and shimmery. This was actually a present which is so great because its nothing like the lipsticks I would usually buy. Its nice to mix things up and try something new. I'm yet to find a good complimentary lip liner for it though.

Thanks for reading, this post feels like a long one!
Christie x









5 comments:

  1. These all look so pretty!
    i like Jubilee best but I think I'll go for Honey-Love because I'm a fan of matte lipsticks and having Jubilee (or at least a similar shade) in matte would be amazing.
    This was very helpful! Great post!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I love your blog!
      Christie x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I do think I have too many neutral shades though! x

      Delete
  3. I live for MAC lipsticks, I always get so many compliments when I wear them! Great post.

    xoxo,
    Jerica

    www.eatwellandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete