Wednesday, 23 September 2015

How I Blow Dry My Hair.



While I don't have particularly thick hair I do have a lot of it. This is why I have a bit of a love hate relationship with blow drying my hair. I wish I had the time and, if I'm being honest, the patience to blow dry it properly more often because I really love the look of it. I thought I would share with you all how I do it!

What you'll need:

Tangle Teezer
Ceramic Vent Brush (basically an everyday brush)
Ceramic Vented Radial Brush
Bobby pins
Hair Ties
Hair Dryer
Volumising or Curl Inducing Mousse


What to do:                                                                                                  
1) After washing your hair use the Tangle Teezer to get rid of an knots, obviously if you can brush through your wet hair with a normal brush that's fine.

2) Apply your mousse. I used John Freida's Frizz-Eaze Curl Reviving mousse. I applied some to my roots and then a little on the rest of my hair. Less is definitely more on this step.

3) Dry your hair until its almost dry without using a brush. I like to use a hairbrush to brush all my hair forward and then I dry my hair upside down. I know this isn't really good for your hair I don't do it often.

4) Split your hair into three sections, the top, bottom left and bottom right. Make a mini twist bun out of the top section and do the same for one side. Either tie it in place or pin it if you have finer hair.

5) On the side you haven't put a bun in your going to take the Radial Brush and start blow drying away from your face. If you have a lot of hair like me you may need to do this step in sections too. 

6) Once the section is dry and still warm wrap it round your finger and use a bobby pin to secure it. This is where it pays off to use smaller sections. 

                        Repeat sections 5 and 6 for the other side and the top.                       

7) Take all the bobby pins out. You can then smooth the top of your hair but don't brush the curls out. If the curls look a little messy split your hair into two sections, left and right, and twist it all round as if you were putting it in a twisted bun and then separate. This makes them look a little more uniform.




And that's it! You can spray with a little hairspray if you want but the mousse holds pretty well. Thanks for reading! 
Christie x

42 comments:

  1. I absolutely hate drying my hair, too, because I've got long AND thick hair. Sometimes, I just don't bother at all, haha. Your curls are so pretty! Do you do this everyday? Doesn't it take a long time, though?

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't do it every day haha. It doesn't take to long. From beginning to end about 20 minutes. I think the steps make it sound more time consuming. Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  2. Your hair is so pretty! I'm so lazy about blow drying my hair, I really need to do it more so it's more styled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think everyone is a little lazy when it comes to blow drying! X

      Delete
  3. Great tips you have a great blog. xx http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so pretty! <3

    Check out my blog <3 | ANASOFIACHIC
    @anasofiachic

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always look super pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will have a look now! X

      Delete
  6. Amazing tutorial. You look beautiful, your hair is just amazing. xo, Teng

    https://itsjustteng.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks so pretty! I hate blow drying however end up doing it :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find a mousse that holds for a while (my hair's pretty thin), so I'll try this out :)

    https://thatyoungsocialite.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! This mousse does have pretty good hold and it's not expensive x

      Delete
  9. your hair is so stunning like this! i need to make more effort to dry mine wavy!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutorial! Your hair is gorgeous!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips, I really need to get myself a tangle teezer!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's a really great buy I definitely recommend it x

      Delete
  12. Your hair looks awesome!! Great job! You mentioned some really awesome tips.

    xoxo,
    Jerica

    www.eatwellandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely blow dry - I particularly like how it curls more towards the ends, it creates such a 'princess effect'! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these tips; especially keeping your hair pinned up in curls until they're cool. :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pinning them up works really well x

      Delete
  15. Such a good idea pinning the hair to get curls. I don't actually know why I haven't tried this before! Your hair looks lovely

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have amazing hair. I wish I had the patience for this too but I don't. I prefer to leave it in a bun for easy waves hahaha!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha yeah putting it in a bun is much less effort for sure! X

      Delete
  17. You look great dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/09/paradise.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing, your hair looks a dream!
    Wish I could learn to do this

    http://whatrajwants.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great! I hate blow-drying my hair too because I have very curly hair, but this looks so good on you! You have beautiful hair!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair it's gorgeous dear !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete