Sunday, 27 September 2015

Chocolate Nutella Porridge

Hello everyone,
I feel like I haven't posted in ages! I've had a busy week preparing and then moving back to uni, so the blog posts haven't been so regular. Anyway here is a great little recipe I discovered last week. I really like chocolate but I do think it can be a little too rich and sickly yet I don't like dark chocolate. This lovely little recipe is perfect as its sweet and chocolatey and is a perfect breakfast for a cold morning!



Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of Nutella
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
180ml of milk
A sachet or cup of porridge oats

Method:
In a saucepan heat the milk, Nutella and cocoa powder and stir until the Nutella melts. Then add the porridge. Stir on simmer until the oats absorb the mixture and looks the consistency you like your porridge at. You can also add a banana and mash it in the pan or after you make the porridge. I've tried both and they're both really nice, but it obviously makes the porridge a lot sweeter.

Thanks for reading!
Christie x

20 comments:

  1. omg this sounds sooooo good! Unfortunately I'm lactose intolerant but I think I'll try it with chocolate soy milk instead of the milk and nutella.
    Sounds like a delicious recipe though!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure chocolate soy milk will still taste lovely! Thanks for commenting! X

      Delete
  2. Really great post thanks for sharing :-) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing, I love Nutella!!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  4. Wow looks tasty
    I love nutella :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so cozy! I am not a huge fan of nutella but I will try this with peanut butter!

    xoxo,

    Jerica

    www.eatwellandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds yummy!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like porridge but I think the addition of Nutella might just make this edible for me!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete